Heaven enlightens the world when the flute responds to the tuneful whistle! According to a Sanskrit proverb, The Universe Hangs on Sound; the right sound at the right moment harmonizes our mind and body and nurture sanity in ourselves and in the world. The Flute captures the breath, rhythm and hence melodious music of the soul. It tugs your heart strings and draws towards the entity which cannot be captured by time or space. Flute is the symbol of Love, Peace and Water is the pious way to reach your spirituality at the length. There are endless varieties of Flute available in the world which is remaining unnoticed for so long. It is an effort by Krishna Prerna Foundation in association with Ministry of Culture to bring rarities of Flute at one stage by organizing 3rd chapter of Raasrang 2012. Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia is one of the people who are promoting Flute festival and this vanishing unique art of music worldwide.
The participating artists are:
• Tagaram Bheel from Rajasthan’s golden hued city Jaisalmer plays the Algoza. This unique double flute was invented by a devotee to impress Lord Krishna, according to the folklore.
• Kusumakar Pande
• Nawang Khechog - Grammy Nominee and a practicing monk for 11 years.
• Pravin Godkhindi - Trained in Kirana Gharana style, has added the Tantrakaari style making him a very versatile musician. He will hold workshops for music appreciation during the festival.
• Brazil Quartzo: Former member of Brazilian jazz group Acuri, Davi Mello (acoustic/electric guitars) will present his most recent project, Quartzo, alongside the talented musicians Ajurin Zwarg (drums and percussion), Marcelo Muller (acoustic bass) and Aline Gonsalves (flutes and clarinet). Inspired by the roots of the Brazilian music, the group mixes folk Brazilian styles.
• Burcu Karadag - Celebrated Ney artist from romantic Istanbul.
• Dipak Sharma ensemble- A special ensemble assembled by Dipak Sharma will showcase the great heritage of north-eastern Wind Instruments which would be a delight and a learning experience for the global audience.
At Lotus Temple, Nehru Place, New Delhi, Tel: 26444029
From August 9 - 12